The Champion Crew

Friday, July 16, 2010

Kaylee's A&M Camp

Kaylee and her very good friend Britain somehow convinced us it would be a good idea to met up at a week long swim camp at Texas A&M. Since Jessi and I were dorm friends at A&M it was an easy sell. Honestly had it been anywhere else it would have never worked. Britain flew in to Houston just in time and off we went. The girls stayed in an off campus dorm and were put in a room with two other girls, who were oddly enough from Arkansas as well. Here are the four of them:


They were all pretty nervous, but I am sure no more than me! Kaylee has been gone from home fairly often. In fact when we were in college she went to stay with my parents for a week every finals season, thats school finals not sports related! She has even been to sleep away camp before, but this time was different. Maybe because it was College Station or maybe it was the fact that the girls were pretty much on their own. The closest counselor was accross the building and the girls were responsibile to getting themselves up in the morning and down at night. I must say, at the end I was very impressed. They did a great job and had such a wonderful time. Here are a few more pictures I took at the end of camp:


I noticed they are standing much more closely to each other and looking far more comfortable!








And last but not least, as we were leaving Layne's (and yes it was awesome!) the girls asked about the bonfire memorial. Since I had never actually gotten out and walked around we went to check it out. I was not ready for the rush of emotions that took over walking thru and re-reading all the stories of the lives that had fallen that day. I was very impressed with the memorial, here are the girls:

















So, all in all it was a great experience and the girls are hoping to makeit an annual event!

No comments:

Post a Comment